Sunday, May 31, 2009

LAS VEGAS

Well I have survived my week in Las Vegas and I'm sad to say I'm back in Cedar City. We had such a great time. I learned so much. I don't have any pictures to show because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and pics can be used against ya! HA HA There really wasn't anything great to take a picture of anyways. But I will tell ya all about it. So we get there Tuesday and Leslee and I have a suture workshop to go to and we got to Vegas kinda late. We headed over to Ceasars Palace and could not find parking at all! We had to use valet which I have never used before and come to find out the President of the United States was speaking at the Ceasars Palace at the same time as our class. Man that would have been so cool but he made our lives miserable trying to find parking and then it took us 1hour 45 minutes to find our car becuase they shut down the valet place we used earlier!!! It was so frustrating. But it would have been so cool to have seen him. I guess I can always say I was pretty dang close to seeing him in person. Our suture class was cool. We learned some other ways of closing patients skin and we also learned how to tie knots. Now I know all you boy scouts or girl scouts out there think that was a waste of time but these knots were so hard! Then that night we went to the Broadway show Lion King. That was so awesome!! They did a great job and I would recommend everyone going. The rest of the week was filled with meetings and dinner. We hardly ate breakfast or lunch so that we could spend all our money on dinner. That is pretty much all we did. We went and saw some of the sights. We had to go see the water show at the Bellagio casino. It is my favorite. I could stand there all day but thank goodness we didn't because it was so HOT!!! We sat at the pool for an hour and I got burned. I even had sunblock on. If I ever have the chance to go again I would love to. I was blown away by how many scrub techs there are and by the age difference.

3 comments:

Torgersen's said...

Glad you had a good trip! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. I'll call you.

nadine said...

well i am glad you had fun. You sould have called or something, I would have shown you the better part of vegas. If there is such a thing. lol.. well i am glad you had fun either way.

A&AWilcox said...

Glad you found your car sounds like the same old adventures just a different town. Hope everything is going well I have to add you to my blog