Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kyle's Surgery Part 2


WE ARE HOME!!!! Man this was such a long week. I finally got a picture of Kyle. I think he must have had a pain pill on board cuz there is no way he would let me take a picture any other way. =) Friday he finally felt good enough to walk. It was so awesome to be there to see him walk. I know it sounds stupid but what he went through to get that far was amazing. He first walked to the nurses station and little farther which was about 30 feet. (I could be off a few feet.) Then the physical therapist came acouple hours later and he walked a long ways. He was so tired when she was done with him. His last attempt was to the elevator and it was all I could do to keep him from getting on and leaving! Most of the nurses were good to him but he had 2 that were horrible! It sure ruins the experience when one nurse decides to ignore his requests. Oh well now I'm the one that he gets to bug about his pain medications. (Wish me luck! I'm sure he will want to divorce me cuz I'm going to follow the rules). I want to thank everyone for your prayers. He did great and I have my husband back. I was just nervous something horrible would happen but nothing like that did. Thank you again!!!

6 comments:

Karolee said...

Thanks Amy for taking such good care of my only brother. He is sooo lucky to have you to love and take care of him. You make sure you follow the rules on the meds. :) We need to have the old Kyle back. Thanks again. Love you guys!

A&AWilcox said...

Amy sounds like the surgery bug is going around. Sounds like a pretty rough surgery hope everything is going well. Happy late birthday!

Stevens Journey said...

I'm glad that everything went well for him.

Torgersen's said...

It's so good to hear Kyle is doing better - tell him we're thinking of him and anxious to see him at Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

Good to hear he is doing well! Sounds like an intense surgery! He is lucky you are the one who gets to take care of him now that he is home!

Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

I am so glad everything went well. Take care.