Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas

This year for Christmas Kyle and I went home to my parents place.  We loaded up the dogs and braved the weather.  It was foggy the whole way but we finally made it.  Only my brother Jason and his family were goin to be there for Christmas this year.  My younger brother Brian and his family went to his in-laws and my sister wasn't coming home until later that week.  Needless to say we had a great time.  We had our fabulous shrimp dinner that I look forward to every Christmas and then on Saturday my sister-in-law made a turkey that was so yummy!  Christmas has to be my favorite holiday for the fact that you are surrounded by family and awesome food!

 A tradition we have at our house is to make sugar cookies.  My mom and I made the cookies and then my nieces and nephew came over and helped decorate them.  It is always a good time.  We sure did miss our other half of cousins.
 Kyle always surprises me with a gift and I never have anything for him.  So this year we told ourselves like every other year we weren't going to get eachother anything.  But I didn't listen.  I was so excited that I was getting Kyle a gift.  I got him a spot light since the one he had didn't work anymore.  So I had my sister pick up the gift and give it to my parents and they wrapped the gift.  Kyle had no clue.
 Here he is after opening the gift. He was surprised that he had a gift to open and that it was a spotlight. He also got a toy motorcycle cuz he has been looking at them on KSL and wanting one really bad.  I thought it was funny.
 Here are my brothers kids opening all their gifts.  It was so fun to watch how surprised they were with all the gifts.  They sure were spoiled.
 Cameron was so fun to watch.  He loved everything he got.  It sure made me want to have kids.
 Here is Kaden opening his last gift that he had no clue as to what it was.  It was a tiny tiny box that took him forever to open.  When he finally opened it his face was priceless.  It was a key to something.  We all chased after him as he was looking for the present that went with the key.  He finally darted down stairs and found his......
 Motorcycle.  Boy was he surprised!  We all were.  Those kids had an awesome Christmas!
 Rylee and my mom.  I had a great time hanging out with these two.  It sure was hard to leave to come back home.  All of us kids went in on a gift for my parents and bought them a GPS.  This is my mom holding it up.  She wouldn't even wait for my dad to show up to open it.  She can't wait for anything!  It was fun watching her open the gift tho.  I guess my brother Jason had talked her out of buying one earlier since we decided to get them one.
My grandma and me.  I love my grandma.  On saturday she came and hung out with the family.  She had a couple of boxes that had letters and pictures in them and it was fun to go through them with her and hear some stories.  She is a neat lady and I'm so thankful for the chances I get to see her.

2 comments:

Torgersen's said...

Wish we could have been there - looks like you had fun!

Kyle N Amy said...

I wish you guys were there too! I'm sure you guys had fun at home too. I can't wait for next year to all be together again!