Sunday, December 19, 2010

Temple Lights

This past weekend Kyle and I went to Salt Lake City to meet my family and go see the Temple Lights.  My brother Brian and Becca weren't able to make it, but everyone else did.  We all met up to eat at Chuck-a-rama which was crazy busy.  Then we headed off to where my sister was staying to be able to get on the Trax system and ride for free =)  When we were all together it was funny cuz us girls all had our coats on that my parents bought us from their Alaska cruise.  So we had to get a picture together of us in our awesome coats!

 We went up to the Joseph Smith Building to the top and looked down on the Temple and the lights.




Obviously this is Kyle and I in front of the lights.  It was so pretty there.  It was amazing all the trees with the lights on them.  My sister-in-law said she read in an article that they start putting the lights on the trees in October.  I'm not sure when they start taking them down but it takes them till March to finish it.  I can't imagine putting them up.  The colors were so pretty!  My favorite ones were the red ones.
Thank you family for being able to drive out to SLC just to see the lights with us.  We had so much fun hanging out with you all and it was even more special since it was Tracy's birthday!  Thanks again for going!!!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

AMY! I love reading about what you're up to! I really miss getting to go to temple square. And you're right. Christmas is the best because of family and great food!

Happy New Year!