Sunday, October 9, 2011

Turning 30

This year I turned 30.  Yup I did and so far I'm ok with it.  I loved my 20's and I'm hoping my 30's are just as good.  For my birthday I didn't have to work so I cooked all day long. I loved it!  I made everything for Cafe Rio salads.  I made the cilantro rice, black beans, salsa, tomatillo ranch, and shredded beef.  I also made homemade icecream and apple crisp with apples from my friends tree.  I also made apple streusal cheescake bar to take to work the next day.  I love to cook.  If I have an idea of what to make I love it, but if I don't then I'm not a fan of cooking.  My birthday was very relaxing and I got to do what I wanted.  Of course I slept in too.  Kyle got me tickets to O at the Bellagio in Vegas and I can't wait to go see it.  I've always wanted to go to that show.


This is what I saw when I went to work the next day.  It made me laugh so hard!  My friends Angie, Tom, and Leslee decorated the lounge with confetti that said 30!, black streamers, and cobwebs.  Angie even stuffed a ton of confetti in my shoes!  It actually took me acouple hours to figure out she had done that!
My awesome cake!
The whole day was awesome!  If turning 30 was this easy and fun I can't wait for other birthdays to happen.

No comments: